Want to up your weekend plans? Football season is almost over and tax season is not in full swing yet so it's time to Empty Nesters Finally your weekend. Without further ado:
5. Enjoy afternoon tea at a fancy hotel. Boom. You get the ambiance of the hotel and you get to feel like you are on holiday for a couple of hours. Brad says to make sure tea comes with dessert. Dessert makes the experience so much better and because you are on "holiday" sugar does not count. Forget about no sugar January.
4. Go somewhere special for the weekend or just the day. We always think we have too much to do and one of us has severe FOMO (hint: Brad can't miss Sunday morning basketball games).
We loved taking the boys to Disney World and then realized we loved going by ourselves. Epiphany. Still love when they come with us but now with Star Wars Land in Hollywood Studios. It's a no brainer.
3. Do something fun together that is not part of your normal routine. Brad and I took a cooking class and a painting class. Bet Brad is on pins and needles waiting to see what I have planned for our next adventure. It will have to wait though. As we all know our world stops rotating on its axis from January thru April.
2. Hang out with man's best friend. Dogs make the day, month and year better. Mutual love and respect. Unconditional love. If you don't have a dog borrow one for a couple hours. It's so worth it. We love Rio.
1. Take time to relax. I mean really relax. Take a nap or two. Binge watch Game of Thrones or Friends. Doesn't matter. Read an actual newspaper. Cook together or bring food in or go out. It doesn't matter. Just enjoy each other and your weekend. Throw out the to do list (that is a hard one for me) but I have done it.
Enjoy your weekend Empty Nesters Finally style. We are watching Rio this weekend so are start the New Year great. I am sure Brad will be napping, watching football and playing with Rio. Now that is an ENF weekend.
Happy Empty Nesting and May the Force be with You!!